photography photo contest photography contest the riot the riot mag the riot magazine grrl riot start a riot
The RioT Summer 2009 Photo Contest
HEY! ALL YOU PHOTOGRAPHERS OUT THERE! LISTEN UP!
The Riot is holding our first ever photography competition! Why? Because we can, that’s why. The theme of the competition is:
START A RIOT
The idea is that your photo should be something that would make viewers understand the need for a new Grrl Riot and/or encourage them to help start one. However you want to accomplish that is your choice.
And of course, there’s always rules:
- e-mail all entries to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure “PHOTO CONTEST SUMMER 2009” is in the subject line. Send your photo as an attachment.
- You can enter up to three photos, but please try to send all entries with the same e-mail
- Just like with our general submission policy, you are welcome to add watermarks to your shots…however, in this case for the ease of judging, we’re asking that watermarks be kept to one of the four corners of your shot.
- All entries MUST BE RECEIVED BY MIDNIGHT EST ON
JULY 31ST, AUGUST 31ST, 2009.
- Judging will be done by editor in chief Ashly Nagrant as well as a panel of others she will select. Potentially there could be a celebrity judge, gimme some time to pull some strings.
- Prizes will be awarded to the top three photos. Each will be featured on The Riot. The photographers will receive prizes to be determined at a later date.
- While you can enter up to three photos, only one of them will be eligible for a prize.
- any other questions should be directed to email@example.com or left as questions in the comments section here
Looking forward to seeing what you’ve got! Tell your friends! Start a Riot!