hoax zine: HOAX ZINE IS HAVING A PRINTING EMERGENCY -
Dear Hoax Zine readers and supporters,
Hoax Zine exists as a collaborative effort to name the ways in which the “isms” play out in our everyday lives. This project is rooted in a transformative framework of organizing, meaning that we strongly believe in concepts such as equal and…
This needs to fucking stop. This is an absolute invasion of women, this is disgusting, and this Tumblr needs to go away.
We need to report both the Twitter and the Tumblr.
Creepshots is a website for men to take “sexy” pictures of unsuspecting women, and from their ‘About Us’ section it states: “Creepshots are CANDID pictures. If a person is posing or aware that a picture is being taken, then it is no longer a creepshot.”
These men take pictures of women who are unaware and post them.
And then under their rules for getting the pictures removed? One of the two options is to “appreciate” the fact that some fucking gross man took a picture of you.
I’ve sent a report to tumblr and you should too.
To report a blog to tumblr, you need to email the full URL and name of the blog to tumblr.
Let’s get it taken down!
PLEASE SIGNAL BOOST
WE NEED TO REPORT THEM HERE’S HOW
there’s two ways-it’s more effective if you do both:
1) Block them here and then report for harassment.
2) You can also email tumblr at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell them to ban creepshots. Provide them with the url to the blog (creepshots.tumblr.com) and explain why they should be banned. If you’re too lazy to write out an email, you can use mine:
Hello tumblr staff,
Please remove/ban the blog creepshots.tumblr.com. They post demeaning, humiliating and objectifying pictures of women (typically their asses and breasts and even under their skirts) that they take without their permission on the street and in public. These guys were banned and deleted from reddit. Can you really say that tumblr is less of a safe respectable place than reddit?
What they are doing is wrong. Many, many users on tumblr feel violated and unsafe by this blog’s presence in the tumblr community. These men are violating the privacy of women everywhere. They specifically state in their about me: “Creepshots are CANDID pictures. If a person is posing or aware that a picture is being taken, then it is no longer a creepshot. A true creepshot captures the natural sexy, embarrassing or funny aspect of the subject mater/person without their knowledge.” They specifically state that only accept pictures of people whose privacy has been violated (source: http://creepshots.tumblr.com/AboutUs).
Please do something to show that you care about the safety and dignity of women, particularly the women in the tumblr community. If you don’t care about that, can you at least ban/delete them in the name of protecting yourself from legal liability? because there’s a strong likelihood that some of those pictures are of underaged girls. Given that these men are taking pics of young women they don’t know, how can they know their ages for certain? All it takes is one concerned parent or adolescent seeing their picture on that site, and if you don’t take it down, legal action could be taken against you.
So please, in the name of what is ethical and right and even legally responsible and smart, delete creepshots. Thank you.
________ (tumblr username/name)
If we use both methods, we’ll be more successful. LET’S FLOOD THE TUMBLR EMAIL WITH DEMANDS THESE FUCKERS GET TAKEN DOWN. WE CAN DO THIS.
I stand with Walmart Striking Workers -
(Source: teamanthro, via fuckyeahfeminists)
rbed for Chi-J.
Actual picture of me on the bus.
I cross my legs so that the soles of my shoes rub up against their slacks, elbow the, as I rummage through my bag, cough loudly in their direction…really anything to get at least a fraction of personal space.
Microaggression on a daily basis. I sit as unladylike as possible.
How To Identify Crisis Pregnancy Centers
Crisis pregnancy centers, or pregnancy resource centers, disguise themselves as medical facilities, but usually have no licensed doctors, nurses or counselors. They often appear under “Abortion Alternatives,” and may have names similar to abortion clinics nearby in order to confuse patients into entering their buildings instead of the real clinics.
Once you enter a CPC, their mission is to prevent you from getting an abortion at any cost. They will use misleading language, delay tactics, emotional manipulation, intimidation, and outright lies to either persuade you against abortion or to make you miss your appointment. The worst part? It’s all completely legal and funded by federal dollars.
CPCs do their best to appear as legitimate abortion clinics, so how can you tell which is which? Here is a list of red flags for CPCs:
- The words “crisis” or “resource” appear in the center’s name
- Their ads use language like “Pregnant & Scared?”
- They offer free pregnancy tests and ultrasounds
- When asked if they provide abortions or contraception, they will not give a direct answer
- The waiting room has biased pamphlets, sometimes with graphic pictures labeled as abortions
- They attempt to make you feel guilty about considering abortion
- They offer baby items, such as diapers and formula
- They downplay the effectiveness of contraception and emphasize abstinence
- They emphasize the dangers of abortion (Fact: fewer than 0.3% of patients experience complications requiring hospitalization)
- They discuss the false connections between abortion and breast cancer, infertility, or mental illness, often referred to as post-abortion stress syndrome
- Regardless of how you talk about the pregnancy, they refer to “your baby,” the “preborn child,” “post-abortive women,” and say that you are “already a mother.”
More on CPCs
How to Identify CPCs
Beware of Fake Clinics
Crisis Pregnancy Centers: An Affront to Choice
CPC Warning Stickers
A list of licensed abortion clinics in the United States can be found on the Abortion Assistance Blog.
Street harassment is not a compliment.
“I need feminism because the internet is more negative about feminists than it is about misogynists.
We’re moving closer and closer to an internet-based world—a world that appears to despise those who uphold and champion gender equality, and support those who hate others based on their gender.”